PDA

View Full Version : SKS Satellite Key Sharing

Mr Hanky
02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
SKS Satellite Key Sharing Very interesting read.
C/p

I just came back from a trip to europe, I visited some friends and found out that they are using a new way to get the key data which is from a satellite channel instead of a server SKS. Since the communication is one way only its very smart to go this route when it comes to privacy, I was just wondering if something like this does or will exist in north america ??

Later in thread

I saw two types of equipement, one is built in the sat receiver, the other is a separate small satellite box connected to the main satellite box via a serial port, the othe end is connected to a permanenet bird to get the key data. there is a second or two lag when changing between channels, however the downtime is small compared to the IKS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

another post

I am Brazilian and I have this system and I am going to explain - I'm sorry my bad English.
Here we have two systems for sonicview:

A- using a dongle Tlink adapt RS232 to RJ45 just like NewLink and iHub is the same thing I have this 3, we have a IKS just like here that send the keys by internet, the diference is that the newlink's server is free and our we have to paid about U$8 p/month.

B- the second system is SKS satellite keys share in this system the keys are transmited by one satellite not by internet, we have a chip that we put into a sv Premier and transform it In a dongle sks that receive the keys from a satellite ( here we are using the Telstar 12 because there is a internet provider in this sat and you can rent one channel to transmit the keys) and transmit the keys to another premier by RS232 just like your picture, but we can use 2 satellite provider Telefonica from Amazonas 61w and OI from Brasilsat 70w both have signals in ***************3 and we have these 2 differents keys in the same system, we can use a diseqc and watch 2 satellites, again just like you!!
Now we are testing one chip to put in a Elite than we do not need more two receivers because it has two turners - one for keys from telstar and other to Amazonas 61w or Brasilsat 70w.

In order for this to work every user would have to have 2 dishes one for keys and one for signal. You would also need a sks dongle. It is a one way signal but the problem with one way is there is no protection.
c/p

It may be easy for them in Europe or South America but in North America it would be a problem. They would have to purchase the satellite account which would send the keys via satellite. This can be tracked easy on USA and Canada. Even though it will be set up under fake names It would be very easy for DN to continuously shut it down.

Even though it is one way the main difference you will get with sks is that you would be able to change channels faster.

thx

End of c/p
To bad sounded like a home run for a bit there.

stream
02-11-2011, 11:12 PM
This was talked about over 3 years ago and some said it was just a pipe dream...lol
In this game anything is possible:jd:

kya100
02-12-2011, 09:21 AM
[after a little more reading i found that captive works was supposeingly to run with this back in 2009]

Captiveworks n3 Solution (SKS SYSTEM)
C/P

Written by The xxxxxxx Admin Team on June 29th, 2009

Captiveworks Nagra 3 Solution
(SKS SYSTEM) Satelite keys sharing via satelite
In a couple of weeks Captiveworks will have out a different kind of dongle for Key Sharing. Doesn’t require an IP address. Doesn’t connect to the internet.
Connects to serial port so will work on all models. Other end of dongle connects to an LNB you point at sat. Keys download from sat transponder rather than the internet. Untraceable!
Here’s a picture of one used overseas:

hxxp://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:...obox%25206.gif

This may be a safer viable option for those with concerns about having there stbs hooked up to the internet 24/7.

Mr Hanky
02-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Cw had a SKS program that you could hook up a stb and change the channels,then watch the tiers of keys change with each station.It was just a matter of time before someone would incorporate them into the dongle.:beer: